Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Sustaining any type of injury can result in devastating financial consequences in addition to physical and emotional suffering. Depending on the nature and severity of your injuries, you may require extensive and costly medical care. You may also be unable to quickly return to work and, in some cases, may experience a permanent loss of earning capacity.
When you are injured as a result of another party’s negligence, you deserve to recover monetary damages. As a personal injury lawyer with 36 years of legal experience, I can fight to recover just compensation for losses resulting from auto and truck accidents, dog bites premises liability incidents, and more. I have a strong desire to help individuals and families throughout my community and take pride in working with victims of injustice.
My office has a strong track record of delivering favorable results for my clients. I am committed to providing you with the seasoned representation you need to succeed in your case.
Personal injury claims can result from any situation where someone is injured as a result of another party’s negligence. If the injured party can prove the offending party’s negligence, they may be entitled to recover compensation to cover expenses associated with their injuries and other forms of harm.
As a seasoned personal injury lawyer, I can assist you with claims involving:
- Auto and Truck Accidents - Negligent drivers can cause serious accidents that confer devastating and long-lasting injuries. Victims also often have to deal with significant property damage, including totaled vehicles. My office can help you navigate insurance settlement offers and will work to negotiate the best possible outcome.
- Dog Bites - California operates under “strict liability” rules, meaning that you do not need to prove that a dog owner was previously aware that an animal had the potential to be aggressive in order to recover compensation. If you are bitten by a dog in a public place or while you were lawfully present in a private place, strict liability rules apply.
- Premises Liability - Property owners and possessors owe a “duty of care” to visitors and invited guests. They can violate this legal responsibility by negligently failing to address dangerous conditions. If you are injured on someone else’s property due to unsafe or hazardous conditions, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Slip and Fall Incidents - These incidents are a common source of premises liability claims and can occur in both residential and commercial spaces. Property owners and possessors are legally required to address or resolve issues that may contribute to falls, including slick surfaces and defective railings.
What To Do After Being Injured
Whether you are injured in a car accident or are bitten by a dog, you should take steps to protect yourself and your future ability to recover damages. Proactively collecting evidence, documenting the incident, and seeking appropriate medical care can provide you with the evidence you need to prevail in your claim.
Confirm Everyone is Safe
If you or anyone involved in an incident is in critical condition, immediately call 9-1-1 and request emergency medical assistance. This is especially important in auto and truck accidents. Be sure to verify that all motorists, passengers, and pedestrians are okay.
Contact the Necessary Authorities
Depending on the situation, it may be wise or necessary to contact law enforcement officials. If you are involved in an auto accident where any type of injury occurs, you are required by California law to report the incident to the police. While you can create and submit an incident report yourself, it may be beneficial to summon officials to the scene.
The responding officer will create an incident report that can serve as an objective account of what happened. If you are involved in an auto accident, you will also need to file a report with the DMV within 10 days of the incident.
Collect Contact Information
Do not leave the scene without procuring the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved. This includes the on-site manager and/or property owner or possessor if you are injured in a premises liability incident. Be sure to get the contact information of any witnesses, as their testimony could be important in establishing what happened.
Secure Essential Evidence
Carefully document the incident site, including any property damage, visible injuries, and dangerous conditions that contributed to the accident. If surveillance footage is available, request a copy before leaving.
In a premises liability incident, you should also request that an incident report be created. Ensure that the report accurately reflects what happened and retain a copy for your records.
Obtain Medical Attention
Seek a thorough medical examination from your healthcare professional as soon as possible. The resulting medical report can help establish that any sustained injuries were directly caused by the incident. Keep in mind that not all injuries will be immediately observable.
Retain Experienced Legal Counsel
In the days or weeks after an incident, you will likely be contacted by insurance companies and potentially even the negligent party’s legal representatives. Avoid making any statements to these parties, as they can and will be used against you.
If you wish to recover compensation, you should swiftly contact a qualified legal professional. As an experienced personal injury attorney, I can help prepare your claim and negotiate potential settlements.
If you wish to file a personal injury claim in California, you must generally do so within two years of the incident. If you only wish to be compensated for property damage resulting from the incident, you must typically file your claim within three years of the incident. If you are suing a government entity, you must file your claim within six months of the incident.
Most personal injury trials will evaluate each party’s contributions to the incident. Under California’s comparative negligence rules, the judge and jury will assign the claimant and defendant with percentages of fault. Your percentage of fault will impact how much compensation you can ultimately recover.
For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but are determined to be 10% at fault, your award will be reduced by 10%, leaving you with $90,000.
Recovering Damages for Your Injury Case
Many personal injury cases are settled out of court. When you come to me for help, I will evaluate every aspect of your claim and advise whether you have a strong case of prevailing in a personal injury trial. Though I am a fierce litigator, I am capable of negotiating advantageous settlements and will diligently work to secure the best possible outcome.
As a Temecula personal injury lawyer, I can help you recover damages for:
- Medical bills, including rehabilitative treatment or ongoing medical care
- Missed or lost wages, including permanent reductions in earning capacity
- Loss of consortium or quality of life
- Property damage
- Physical or emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages in situations where the negligent party’s conduct was especially egregious
I have consistently developed long-lasting relationships with clients that are built on trust, respect, and results. I treat each of my clients with genuine compassion and pledge to mount a tenacious fight on their behalf.
No matter your situation, I am committed to applying my professional and practical approach to your case and will work aggressively to obtain a full and fair recovery for your injuries.
I HIGHLY recommend Rob as he does not mess around.Jayme W.